Monday, August 17, 2009

TeacherTube great for teachers!



TeacherTube, alike Youtube is a great resource. Not only for research and entertainment, but also as a resource for the classroom. There are many great activities filmed on TeacherTube that shows fellow teachers how successful particular activities are and gives lots of ideas. One youtube video I found to be very interesting was the one embedded in this post.

The video is about encouraging children to be physically active, even in the classroom. James explains that this can be achieved through the use of creative ideas, such as a spin wheel with activities such as jumping, hopping, etc. spread out around the spin wheel. The concept behind this activity is great and the children really gain from this experience, as they are being encouraged to get active; even indoors. Not many teachers that I know of have thought about trying to make their children be physically active in the classroom so I believe this is a great learning experience and video, which would be a useful educational tool for teachers.

Carissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment