Monday, August 17, 2009

Mahara E-portfolios

I have recently created a Mahara account and would like to share my thoughts. I find it a little bit difficult to navigate as I am still adjusting to the site, however think it is a great resource for teachers.

Not only can teachers view other teachers accounts, but they can leave comments and give eachother ideas for classroom activities, games, and so forth. They can also let other teachers know what sort of activities they find works with their classes and what doesn't, which can help those studying to become a teacher as well.

Another reason this website is so handy for teachers is that they can communicate with distance education students and teachers. I really love the concept of Mahara and am sure once I become more familiar with it I will be able to experiment and learn a few interesting things.

Carissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment