Thursday, August 20, 2009

Student Activity Idea for Flickr

Okay, I know that I have already discussed Flickr on this blog, however after more progress on my e-learning journey I have had some fresh ideas that I would like to share. To refresh your memory, Flickr is a website that allows people to upload photos and share them with the world.

I would love to create an activity for students where they can take a picture, upload it and share it with their peers. However, I would not allow students to just bring a picture from home; where do they learn anything in that task? They don't, so instead (if possible) the students would go on a supervised walk around the school and take a picture. Students would then learn how to upload their picture, and possibly edit it on Picnik as this would be fun and engaging for the children (see previous blog's for more on Picnik). I would encourage students to post their picture on a private class account and write a brief explanation of why they chose these particular images, where they took it and how. If they edited it on Picnik they could also talk about this too. This would be an effective way for students to reflect upon their learning experience with Flickr, Picnik, taking photos, etc.

The world of technology is amazing, isn't it!

Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment