Thursday, August 20, 2009

More on Powerpoint; Student Activity Idea


After much progression along my e-learning journey, I have also had some fresh ideas about a powerpoint activity for older primary school students.

I would love to teach students how to create custom animation, use hyperlinks and action buttons as well as images from the Internet and clip art to teach them to create their own, interactive powerpoint.

As an example, if the class is learning about Space I would give them each a topic. Some topics may include;

* The moon
* The planets
* Space Shuttles
* Space food/equipment

Children could then research the topic and create an interactive quiz about the topic for their fellow students to play around with. This would be fun and exciting, and I'm sure the children would be eager to share their 'games' with their friends and peers.

For an example of an interactive game, see my previous blog about Powerpoint. I have created a game called the Counting Game, which is one that students could use as a basis for their game.

Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment