As part of the course ware for my e-learning course, I have been exploring Microsoft PowerPoint. Although there was an online tutorial, I was already familiar with PowerPoint having completed a Certificate in IT, and studying computer subjects at school from grade 8 to 12.
The task was to create a PowerPoint to share with the class, however as I am an external student I am going to upload it to this blog instead!
I made an interactive PowerPoint educational game called The Counting Game targeted at children in grade 2 to 3. The game tests their reading abilities (by making them read and understand the questions, eg. How many ducks are in the lake?), their fine motor skills (by directing the mouse to the action buttons and navigating the PowerPoint) and their counting skills (through the actual questions they are asked).
I ensured there was lost of colour and cartoon-like pictures to relate to their interests and stimulate their brains. I varied the sentence phrasing so that not all questions were worded exactly the same, despite asking similar things.
I find PowerPoint very easy to navigate and the custom animation, action buttons, hyperlinking etc. a very easy process. however, in saying this I was very familiar with PowerPoint prior to this E-Learning course. Overall, I find PowerPoint a very valuable tool, not only for the teachers to use but students to experiment with and develop their IT and creativity skills.
Carissa :)
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment