
Picnik is a website that allows users to upload pictures and edit things such as size, brightness, contrast, saturation, red-eye removal and add frames. You can also all things like large sunglasses, make-up etc. to images to add humour, which is very fun to experiment with! You can upload 5 images at a time with the free account, and save edited images to computers which I found to be an easy process. Picnik talks you through all the steps and has a pastel, colourful layout which is really pleasant to use.
I uploaded a few images, one being the picture of my puppy Harley when he was 2 months old. I experimented with the brightness and saturation, sharpened the image and added a Polaroid frame. Isn't he cute!!!
Not only could the site be used for entertainment but I believe it could potentially be used as a resource in the classroom as a 'free time' activity, allowing students to use this technology to experiment with different lights, contrasts, etc. If they could upload a picture of themselves (the website is secure and can be set to private so that the images cannot be viewed by anyone else, as a safety precaution) I am sure they would really enjoy playing around with the pictures, adding humour with make-up and hats, etc. The class could even have a competition to see who could be the most creative! The children would not see the task as educational as they would most likely be having too much fun, (engaging in the activity) and so this would be a great way to extend on the child's creativity and computer skills. It would also ensure that the teacher is engaging the students and using modern contexts, teaching the children something they really want to learn and become involved in.
Carissa :)
I uploaded a few images, one being the picture of my puppy Harley when he was 2 months old. I experimented with the brightness and saturation, sharpened the image and added a Polaroid frame. Isn't he cute!!!
Not only could the site be used for entertainment but I believe it could potentially be used as a resource in the classroom as a 'free time' activity, allowing students to use this technology to experiment with different lights, contrasts, etc. If they could upload a picture of themselves (the website is secure and can be set to private so that the images cannot be viewed by anyone else, as a safety precaution) I am sure they would really enjoy playing around with the pictures, adding humour with make-up and hats, etc. The class could even have a competition to see who could be the most creative! The children would not see the task as educational as they would most likely be having too much fun, (engaging in the activity) and so this would be a great way to extend on the child's creativity and computer skills. It would also ensure that the teacher is engaging the students and using modern contexts, teaching the children something they really want to learn and become involved in.
Carissa :)
No comments:
Post a Comment